Monday, November 5, 2012

Today I Feel

GRATEFUL!

My heart feels so full of gratitude today I think it might burst. When I get this way I just have to write and express my gratitude. What an amazing past month I have been blessed with! As a girl who 6 months ago had decided I was happy where I was and would be just fine without love in my life, I feel so extremely grateful love found me anyways!


So today I feel grateful for the temple. What an amazing experience it was to walk through its doors with Ian by my side and my family with me. It was the most amazing experience I have ever had. Satan was really at me for days leading up to this experience and although my whole life I had wanted to enter it's doors, when the moment came I felt horrible. But as I finally walked through those doors for myself I was filled with the sweetest spirit I have ever felt and knew it was where my Heavenly Father wanted me to be. I will never forget the feelings I experienced as I saw everyone in my family in the temple. Heaven was on earth that day. 

Today I feel beyond grateful for Ian Falkner. He's finally my husband! The transition from Idaho to Utah has not been an easy one for me, it still is hard every day. And through all the tears and frustration and sad times for me, he is always there. He could have marked me off long ago as someone he didn't want to have to continually comfort, but he has been there every second, my comfort and my best friend! How blessed I feel and still sometimes so amazed it really happened to me that he is my husband!



Today I feel so grateful for the French and Falkner families and all of Ian and I's best friends that came to our sealing. For those who may not know what happens at a temple marriage you walk with your future spouse together in to the room where you are married. When I rounded the corner with Ian holding my hand and saw everyone I loved in the most beautiful room my heart exploded with love. I have the most amazing support system around me. To be in a room with everyone who has loved you and loved your spouse your entire life and they are there to cheer you on and root for your future together it's a powerful life changing experience; one I will never forget. 

Today I am grateful for all who came to our wedding receptions and the wedding receptions we were able to have. It was an overwhelming, amazing experience, to have non stop lines of people we love at both receptions. Everyone from my amazing coworkers from Hawthorne Elementary, to Ian's coworkers over the past few years, and ward members, neighbors, and friends, it was an amazing experience! I always remember our wedding reception in Idaho and how I danced with Ian (who showed off his moves while I looked like a sad fish!) and then getting to dance with my Dad, a memory I will forever be grateful for. It was so fun to run out together with all of our family and friends lighting sparklers to send us on our way! I am also grateful for our Utah reception and getting to throw a bouquet to Ian's niece. What a fun experience!


Today I am grateful for the few day honeymoon Ian and I had to St. George. After months of stress getting away and just being married was one of the funnest few days ever! Just days after getting back our car was broken in to, our temple bags were stolen along with Ian's car being pretty broken up, and with that the real world hit us. With the real world here now I am grateful we had those few days to truly be away from the world and enjoy our time together so during the crazy times I can remember this fun one!


Above anything else I feel grateful today for this marriage that I am now a part of. This picture pretty much depicts us perfectly. Ian makes me laugh harder then anyone can and with that he makes me happier then I ever deserved. We are so excited to see what Heavenly Father has in store for us. We know there will be great days and there will be less then great days but we have each other and are excited to help each other along this road of life!

So here's to being Mrs. Falkner!


3 comments:

Mindy said...

Love it! You are so good with words. Marriage is pretty awesome and we are grateful to have you in the family!

Heather said...

Love you both!

Terri French said...

You deserve every bit of happiness. We love you both!!