Since leaving home to move to college I have anticipated and looked forward to coming home every Thanksgiving and Christmas break from school to be with my family. Even last year on Christmas, when I lived a mile away from my parents, I went to my parents for a few days to enjoy my break! After 23 years, this will be my first year away from home and my first year in my new home. It is a bitter sweet experience. I am so excited to be with Ian for a few days and to enjoy this holiday with his family. Part of me is also constantly missing Idaho and my family and wishing I were there with them. So instead of dwelling on what I don't have, I am trying to focus on the positive. And because of that I wanted to share today what my heart feels grateful for!
The Temple: I long awaited to enter its walls and am so grateful now that I can go whenever I choose. The spirit there reminds me of who I am and where I need to go and what my Heavenly Father wants me to learn. It's an amazing place!
I am grateful for amazing friends, including these two (Lindy and Christina). Their positive attitudes and words of love and encouragement help me want to be better each day!
I am grateful today for my Dad. I have been thinking a lot about him lately. I have missed him far too much! Unlike my sisters and Mom who can easily answer their cell phones any time during the day, my Dad doesn't have that luxury, and because he is Bishop and is doing all he can to serve, it leaves little free time when he's home when I call! I am so grateful that I can call him my hero and one of my very best friends. And I love even more knowing the next time I do talk to him it will be as if no time has passed. He is someone I hope to be more like each and every day. A man of God, a man of joy, and my hero!
I am grateful that I have the worlds best family. Enough said. :)
What more to be grateful for then knowing I can call these little guys any time I want! I am grateful my sisters keep me in their lives even though I do not live down the street from them anymore.
And I am beyond grateful for this man, each and every day. My best friend and my husband! I am one lucky girl to have somehow ended up with someone far above myself who teaches me something new and makes me laugh each and every day!






3 comments:
I have missed you this weekend. It is weird that everybody is gone. But I am so glad you will be home for Christmas. Looking forward to seeing you next week! I love you!
It was fun hearing all the things you are most grateful for. Your heart is certainly in the right place!!
We can't wait to have you home for Christmas!
Post a Comment