Sunday, April 1, 2012

Grandma Architecture to the Nastiness!

So I realize that I say some funny things sometimes. For example, on a daily basis I tell my students to swip swap when they need to change groups. I like to tell people it's because of the family I grew up in...where it's only natural to make ridiciulous silly jokes (just like my Dad does) on a daily basis. For example, Mom would say, "Go clean the corn." And our average reply would be, "A Shucks!" And of course we always thought we were so funny. But I think I may have taken it over the edge this weekend with my remarks. Without even realizing what I said, I described a house I had looked at with, "It had Grandma architecture to the nastiness!"
Who says that??
It may have been a house where I feel like I would find the big bad wolf lurking around the corner, but still where do I come up with these sayings?! I guess I was meant to work with 9 year old children!

4 comments:

Megan said...

I think we looked at that house too Melissa!!!

Heather said...

Yeah, seriously hilarious! I have laughed about it for days!

Amber said...

I am laughing out loud right now just thinking about you saying that!

Terri French said...

Since I am a grandma.....I take offense at that statement!! :)