Sunday, September 25, 2011

You Get What You Get and You Don't Throw a Fit!

"You get what you get and you don't throw a fit" is a common phrase used in my classroom. If I start passing out something that may not be all exactly the same, without a doubt my students will start expressing which they want (ex...I WANT THE PURPLE ONE!) I've started using my special phrase and now the kids say it right along with me, and they understand the purpose behind it too; the complaining stops.

Well I've been wanting to buy a car for a REALLY long time. I have driven the Jeepster almost since I got my license. It has been a great first car. But after driving my Dads Honda accord all summer and then having to switch back to the 93' Jeep, I knew it was time to find one of my own! But I went in to it thinking, "Melissa you'll get what you can get and you won't throw a fit." I knew I wanted a newer car so it can last me a really long time, but I also knew my price range and that I wouldn't be able to get what I really wanted. I LOVE the hatchback look and in my mind the only car for me was a Honda Fit...needless to say, way out of price range.

So the hunt began Friday night. They first place we stopped was Hertz and I was shown a Suzuki sx4. Right away it caught my eye. We kept looking around Friday night but it was still in the back of my mind. I honestly didn't think I'd buy a car my first weekend looking, but guess what...I did! We went back to Hertz Saturday morning and I test drove it and fell in love. The best part about the whole think is I don't have to throw a fit because there's no complaining about what I got! It's the perfect car for me right now and I'm honestly still smiling about this big purchase I have just made!

1 comment:

Heather said...

So excited for you! You have to take me for a drive