Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Union Falls

I loved enjoying three days off of work this week! I headed up Monday with 9 friends to spend the day hiking to Union Falls. In totally it was close to 17 miles. It was gorgeous! We crossed rivers and hiking a few steep inclines, but it was mainly flat and beautiful!

This is the group of us at Union Falls. You can hardly hear the waterfalls and then you round a corner and they hit you like a ton of bricks! It's enormous! I think it's one of the most beautiful waterfalls I've ever seen.


This is a small warm Springs where we enjoyed an hour playing. We brought our swimming suits and braved changing in the forest to experience this amazing pool! You could jump off about a 6 foot rock into the springs and then swim around. It was so fun sitting around the waterfalls relaxing from the hike.
This is the waterfall. Isn't it amazing?!


My friend Jared and I ended up coming out together at the end. Can you tell we look a little tired? But it was so much fun! We ended off the day with a delicious Big Jud's trip. What a fun Labor Day!

3 comments:

Brian and Ali Childs said...

how fun!!! it looks like you had a blast. And yay for big juds! :)

Terri French said...

Wow, wish I could go there. Looks beautiful!!

Jenn said...

This is beautiful. I have never heard of Union Falls before.