I had an adventure like none other adventure I've every been on, last night! I was invited by a friend in my branch to join a group of people to head up to the ice caves by the Sand Dunes in St. Anthony. Half of the fun was turning off of the paved road and utilizing to the fullest my friends truck. It had just poured rain and the dirt road we had to go on had turned into a giant puddle. We were flying around, laughing our heads off, definitely getting the truck dirty. It was a crazy fun 25 minutes trying to get to the caves!

I was a little bit nervous to enter the caves. A bunch of boys were in the group who are extreme cavers (ex. Jeff Larson) and their definition of an easy cave and mine are completely different. I was a little iffy the first 20 minutes but the farther I got in the funner it got. My friend Jess Hawkins saved my life by letting my use his headlamp and helping me down some of the trickier parts...Thanks Jess! You're the best!
You walk for about 25 minutes or so to the end of the cave. There's just ice all around you. It's so beautiful! At the end there's a slope of ice that you can use as a slide, and oh boy we did!
The group at the end of the ice cave. You can kind of see the giant tower of ice behind us.

My first attempt at sliding down the ice wall. I soon realized you can't go on your bottom. I got stuck soon after this. But later I learned if you slide on your feet it's a lot more fun!

After another adventure getting back out on the mud road, we made it home safe and sound last night! Being a single girl in Idaho Falls I sure do meet some amazing people and go on some amazing adventures! It's so great!
No comments:
Post a Comment