Sunday, June 12, 2011

Best. Weekend. Ever.

I've had a lot of great weekends in my life, but I think this one definitely tops them all! Friday night I headed to Rexburg to spend the night with three of my best friends, Lindsey Bush, Madi Searle, and Kailey Jolly. We spent the night laughing, catching up, watching movies, and trying to suppress the butterflies in our stomach! But needless to say they didn't go away until Saturday morning when we started the Teton Dam 10k. I've run several races before, but this one beats them all. I ended up running next to Lindsey almost the entire way. Which was awesome because there were some crazy hills and we were there to encourage each other when the other was ready to give up! But around mile 4.5 we started heading down hill, and I don't think either of us had ever felt so good running, or every felt so proud doing anything in a long time! We sprinted faster then I've ever run the last mile and I crossed the finish line feeling the best I've ever felt! Finishing in an hour and 3 minutes!

Here's our "we finished and we're so happy and excited although we don't look it at all" picture! Lindsey, Madi, Kailey, and Me

We decided that this is going to become a yearly tradition, to reunite at the Teton Dam 10k!


As we neared the end of the race I was slowing down and I knew it so I told Lindsey to go on ahead, I didn't want to hold her back. But as she got right about here in the race (She's in the white right in front of me) I got a sudden burst of energy and I sprinted ahead faster then I ever have and finished the race feeling strong!

We decided that the party couldn't end with the race so Saturday night I had a bunch of friends over for a bonfire. Nothings better then a game of bocchi ball, some hot dogs, smores, and sitting by the fire just talking and laughing!
Amanda Barrus, Me, and Brandi Buckley

Then today I turned the BIG 2-2!~ It's been one of the most relaxing and perfect birthdays ever. I could probably have smiled the entire day and still not felt like I was expressing how I felt enough! I have the best family and friends who have sent words of love, visited, hugged, and shared their love. I'm excited to see what this year has in store for me!

No comments: