Saturday, February 26, 2011

To have the faith of a 5 year old!


Last night I was driving up to Kelly Canyon with my Dad, brother, and 5 year old nephew Jaden. Jaden and I had been busy staring at all the hundreds of elk we were seeing on our drive when we passed a cemetery. Jaden looked at looked at me to have a conversation that went something like this:

Jaden, "Do those rocks over there have names on them?"
Me," Yes they have the names on it of the people who are buried there."
Jaden," Are their spirits there or their bodies?"
Me, "There bodies are buried there and their spirits are with Heavenly Father up in heaven."
Jaden, "Will they get their bodies back?"
Me, "When Jesus comes again every body gets their body back, which is a good thing for us because I'll want me body back!"
Jaden, "Oh I see, but Issa we're not dead yet!"
Me, "No we're not, so let's go have fun skiing and enjoy being alive!"

This conversation melted my heart. I can tell he is becoming more aware of what he's being taught about the gospel. He had such good questions, but what was amazing to me is how he took my answers! There was not any question in his eyes about whether what I was saying was true or not, and no matter how my words may have sounded he had the faith to know they were true! No wonder when the savior visited the Nephites and in other places in the scripture he just wanted to be surrounded by his children!

2 comments:

Amber said...

That is so cute! Brought tears to my eyes. It is amazing how much these little children understand!

Melissa French said...

How I love that little boy!!