Friday, March 12, 2010

Dancing Through the Storms of Life

So, I haven't been my happiest self lately. I'm sorry. As much as I've tried to show others that I'm happy, it's failing! So life could be much much worse but let's just say I'm counting the days until the end of the semester. Like I've said before, I don't like change, and I haven't dealt with it in the best of ways. The past few days my goal has been to be happy the entire day, and for the most part I've done it. But in less than 30 days I'll be home and I'm hoping a change of scenery gives me a change of heart. So on that happy note, I came across this painting and I just loved. It's titled something like "the Dancing Butler." I saw it on another blog and fell in love with it. The two people on the outside of the picture are blowing in the wind while holding their umbrellas, there letting the storms of life get to them, while the couple happily dances through the storms of life. I saw this picture and it hit me once again that although I may not be loving the situation I'm in, I can still love life and be happy. So my goal for the rest of the semester is #1-Make it through! and #2 Try and dance happily even though the 'storms of life' are going on. I'm going to try and be more grateful for the little things, not miss my best friends so much, try and not wish so badly I wasn't here, and appreciate more the little things every day!

5 comments:

ronda said...

You inspire me Melissa! I love you!

Deborah Raymond said...

Many months after my mom passed away I was in the Temple. I grieved for a long time and often wept a little in the Temple...as well as home but this particular day a lady sat next to me. She was older and in the middle of the session she leaned over and said, "I'm Genevieve Page... like page in a book. My husband just died and I sing and dance at home with the vaccuum because I know he still wants me to be happy." She had no idea why I was crying but God did and He prompted her to share that...I can see that dancing and singing while I vaccuum is one way I can dance through the storms of life... Thanks for reminding me to dance...I've been hunkering down waiting for this one to pass and it seems to be leaving too slowly for me... I will dance! I love you Melissa... sorry my comment so long!

Heather said...

You're amazing Melissa. Seriously, you always find the good in things. I'm sorry this semester isn't the best. If you ever need to talk, I'm a great listening ear! Maybe you need to come over and we can have a dance party like the old days. I promise I"ll try not to break any chairs!

Terri French said...

Melissa,
You always seem happy to me. You are hiding the pain well. Hang in there. The semester will be over soon.

Anonymous said...

I love that painting! Thanks for sharing Melissa.. I think that can help most everyone on their outlook. Be happy :) I never seem to see you having a sad day!