Sunday, June 28, 2009

You're An Animal!!

Yesterday I ran in the annual To Bone and Back race. For those of you who aren't familiar with this race it is a 40 mile race from Idaho Falls to a place called BOne Idaho and Back. For the most part it is a lot of going up hills and a little bit of down hill. You can run the race with an 8 man team (which is what we did) so every person runs 5 miles. I ran it with a bunch of people from my singles branch and it was so much fun! All day we rode around in a truck cheering each others on through the heat and the hills! I have never run quite so many hills in that short of a distance so it defnitely stretched my limits. We had fun laughing and joking all day. One boy on my team named Calvin cheered someone on by yelling "You're an animal" in a super deep, hilarious voice. So for the rest of the day that became our phrase and it would make the runners laugh whenever they looked tired! We finished in 6 hrs. and 10 mins...which I didn't think was to shabby!


Everyone but one member of our team, after the race!
The picture isn't great, but although there was lots and lots of sagebrush and nothing much else up where we were running I got the prettiest part of the run which went right by lots of windmills. It was so pretty!

This is Bone, Idaho...honestly. It basically consists of an old store (which isn't even open any more) and this beautiful bone bench!
After I ran the race I got to babysit Amber's boys for a while. There were so cute and cuddly yesterday it was so much fun. My eyes are kind of freaky in this picture but I thought that it was cute! (I think that's Brighton but dont count me on that one)
This is for sure Brighton! I made them macaroni and tomatoes with hot-dogs. I guess the hot dog part was a new treat for the boys and the twins LOVED it, where Jaden picked every single hot-dog out! It was so hilarious!





5 comments:

Amber said...

Thanks for watching the boys. It is Bright in the picture with you. I will have to start putting hot dogs in with their macaroni!

Jenn said...

Congratulations on the race I agree that we should put together a French family team. It was fun to see you yesterday. Stop by anytime.

Heather said...

Good job in the race. I haven't been to Bone forever! We'll have to do it next year for usre.

Terri French said...

Melissa,
I am so glad you had fun in your race. I especially love the photo of you on the bone....

I might just have to get your dad to drive me up there someday so I can get a photo of us on the bone!!

ParkerandKatieDavis said...

congrats on the run! Thats amazing, I could never do that! But seriously did the Bone store really close?