From 11:30 pm on Thursday night to 1:45 Saturday morning I rode on a bus for 16 hours, climbed independence rock, hiked 8 miles pulling a handcart, crossed the sweetwater river, and had the funnest time! It was so fun to go with my ward. I have met some of the best people and I've had a lot of fun with all of them! By the time I got home I was exhausted but it was all worth it. Going to Martin's Cove was one of the best days of the summer! (so far :))
On Top of Independence Rock

Wade Jeppesen and I on the bus ride to Martin's Cove. We don't look tired...yet!

My Trek Family! We had so much fun together! We each took on a pioneer name. Mine was Zilpah...which I have no idea how that is even a pioneer name but we all thought it was funny!

After crossing the sweetwater we had to show off how wet we were. My "brother" John Dupree is on the left, Wade Jeppesen my "Dad" is on my right and Natalie Nelson my "Mother" is standing behind us.

Pioneers found many ways to entertain themselves...so while waiting to hike we decided to entertain ourselves too!

These two girls and I had a lot of fun together. I went to higschool with Natalie. Brandi Buckley is on the right. She is a personal trainer at Anytime Fitness and she is one of the nicest people I've met this summer!

2 comments:
It looks like you had a good time! I'm jealous. . . I've never had the experience to go to Martin's Cove.
How fun! I am glad you put pictures on your blog. It looks like you go to a fun ward.
Post a Comment